Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Surprise!

I received a wonderful surprise tonight. Matt got off work early and I actually got to spend more than five seconds talking to him in person. This is a rare occurance these days since our schedules are completely opposite, and it was fabulous! (Not that we did anything special...but still...)

See, usually our face to face meetings consist of me giving him a kiss before I leave for work at 5am, a hug and quick chat when we trade off the kids around 3pm, and a kiss goodnight from him when he gets home from work at about 12am.

Ah, if I had only appreciated the days we were home at the same time a little more! But I think I took it for granted that we would be the "normal" little family that got to spend all our evenings and weekends together. I must admit that although I'm content with our life and how we've been able to juggle everything so we don't have to rely on a baby-sitter/day care for the kids, I am a little jealous of the women that get to stay home with their kids and then have their husbands home in the evenings and on the weekends. What I wouldn't give to have that kind of schedule!!

I guess that just goes to show that it's hard for us (or at least me) to appreciate what we have until it isn't there anymore.

No comments: