Friday, December 7, 2007

A night on the town...

Matt and I actually got to go out on a date last night! It's probably been a month since we have been able to sneak away because of all the holiday parties and what not.

It was a great relaxing night. Matt's parents whatched the girls for us. We went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and were actually able to have an uninterrupted conversation about something not having to do with the kids. (As much as I love them, I need some time alone with the hubby once in a while!)

We walked around outside for a little while (or in my case, waddled around) and were able to buy a couple of small things for the girls' Christmas stockings.

After this, I came to the realization of how firmly entrenched in the "parenthood" way of life we are when we spent the rest of the time we had wandering around Toys R Us picking out the kids Christmas gifts. Oh well...It was still time alone together and we got some things accomplished in the meantime.

I miss getting to spend time with Matt every day! The opposite schedule thing sucks, but it makes the time we DO have together a lot sweeter.

No comments: