Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Customer Service...or a lack thereof

This is not my month for fabulous customer service. I have had a few choice experiences in the last couple weeks, only one of which I will repeat here.

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that my credit card from one of our banks was expiring at the end of the month and I thought. "Hey, that's weird. I haven't received my replacement card yet. Maybe they haven't gotten the address update." So I called my parents house to see if they had received any mail for us. Nope. No mail.

I went into said bank to double check that they had the correct address and to ask about the credit cards. Apparently there was a mix-up and the cards were made, but never sent out. Watch the mail for a little while, if they don't show up, call the bank and they will send out new ones. Okay. Fine. No big deal.

I waited two weeks. Still no cards. So, I called the bank. After more than 20 minutes of being on hold while they tried to figure out this difficult situation, the lady comes back on the line to tell me that the cards had been waiting at one of the local branches for me to pick up.

WHAT?

Well, when was someone going to tell me this? Nevermind that it wasn't my normal branch, or even one that was close to me. Just a phone call letting me know that they had them would have been helpful so I wasn't worrying that someone had stolen them out of my mailbox.

I asked if they could send them to my house. No.

HUH?

Again, why not? That's what NORMALLY happens. You get the new cards in the MAIL, at your HOUSE.

Can you at least transfer them to a branch remotely close to my house. Sure. The one up the street. Should be there by Tuesday at the latest. Great. Finally.

That Tuesday happened to be today. Now, Tuesdays are more structured days for us than most. I pick up the girls and then have about an hour to run errands before Kenna has to be to her tumbling class. I decided to use that hour on this Tuesday to go pick up the cards. Which involves me going about 20 minutes away from where Kenna's class is, but I figured it would be a quick stop and we'd have plenty of time to get back.

I go to the drive through window, give the girl my information and ask for my cards.

"They're not here." She says.
I give her a blank stare for about 30 seconds.
"Are you kidding?" I say.
"No. Were you expecting them here?"
Another blank stare from me while I try to refrain from saying "duh" and smacking her on the forhead.
"Yes. They told me that they would send them over to this branch."
"Who told you that?"
I'm 8 months pregnant and she expects me to remember what happened nearly a week ago...
"I don't remember. Some lady at the Sandy branch."
"I'll call over there and see what I can find out."

Apparently this girl doesn't have any more pull than I do because she was also on hold for about 15 minutes while the people at the other branch tried to figure out AGAIN what had happened to my cards.

They were still sitting at the other branch. *sigh*

Fortunately, she was a little bit more persuasive and was able to get them to send them to my house so I didn't have to go through this whole exercise again.

Now we just have to see if they actually show up....

No comments: