Saturday, December 8, 2007

Accident prone

So we had another big storm roll through last night and earlier today. It left a lot of snow, which I think is great, but I'm sure Matt doesn't like having to shovel the driveway and sidewalks quite so much.

As soon as the girls saw the snow, they wanted to go outside to build a snowgirl. (McKenna refuses to call it a snowman because we are girls and only girls can build snowGIRLS, boys build snowMENS). I got them all bundled up and sent them outside to get started while I did a few things around the house.

I was putting off going out because I really only have one pair of pants that fit me comfortably that I will wear outside the house (the rest are pajama bottoms) and I really didn't want to get them all wet because I was planning to go out to do some Christmas shopping. That and the fact that I don't own a coat that will go around my belly or snow boots that will fit my swollen feet. And let's face it...I don't bend in the middle anymore. That makes it a lot harder to build a snowgirl.

Eventually they could wait no longer. I put on my pants, squished my feet into my uncomfortably tight boots and rummaged through the coat box until I found one that would at least get close to closing in the front.

When you go out our back door, we have a nice big deck with stairs leading down into the grassy area. I headed out and carefully started down the snow covered steps, holding on to the railing. Well...apparently I wasn't careful enough and my foot slipped out from under me, bringing me crashing down on my tailbone onto the step. I then bounced down two more of the steps before I came to a screeching halt. This was quite an...unpleasant sensation.

My right hip is already extremely painful due to that half of my pelvis feeling the need to rotate out of its normal position while I'm pregnant. So now my whole backside is bruised and sore in addition to the hip pain. Good going, grace.

Aside from being a little sore, all is well. The baby was still as spastic as ever and I checked with the doctor that day just to be sure. Mom and dad came out to bring us dinner and check on me (not to mention clean the girls toy room) all of which I'm extremely grateful for.

When I asked Matt if he was embarrassed of his klutzy wife, he just said, "No. Now I just know where your daughter gets it from."

No comments: