Saturday, December 15, 2007

Drama queen turned shy girl

So today was the Christmas program for McKenna's tumbling class. Despite being a show off and having a real need to be the center of attention at all times, she was SO scared to go out on stage.













She kind of had that deer-in-the-headlights look on her face most of the time. But she got brave and went out and did what she was supposed to.













It was a fun first recital, and very good for her. She was so proud when she got to meet us afterwards and show us her medal.

We also (finally) got around to going out for the annual Christmas tree purchase. I still can't bring myself to buy a fake tree. Matt uses the trunks of the old trees to make ornaments and a little wooden train set that we set out at Christmas time. We feel a little bit better about killing a tree and having it hang around in our house for 2 weeks if we actually do something with the leftovers.

Oh, and something is amiss in the tailbone region still, I'm afraid. I was leaning against the counter while cooking lunch when I heard a distinct "POP" in the region of my backside. We shall see what sort of pain the next few days of sitting brings. Perhaps I'll have to bring this up to the doc.

No comments: