Monday, December 3, 2007

Are you kidding me?

Let’s start at the beginning…

Last Thursday I got to work at early like normal. And, like normal at that time of the morning, had my pick of parking spaces. When I went to leave work, I had been boxed in to my parking spot. There was a column on the drivers side, a car parked super close to me on the passenger side, and a car parked perpendicular to me and just far ahead enough of me to make it hard to get out.

Long story short, I ended up getting up close and personal with the column and adding some new body contours and a yellow stripe or two to the paintjob on my nice, fairly new car.

This afternoon, I took the car in to the body shop for an estimate on fixing up the MINOR damage. (Seriously, you can barely see it…very small dent and a few 1 to 2 inch long yellow stripes.) I thought…maybe a couple hundred dollars. The damage is confined to the middle of the door; they can probably buff the paint out, yadda, yadda. The estimator comes back to show me the paperwork - $1,110.84. Talk about adding insult to injury…

They also have to take the car for an entire week. So now we’re in the predicament of what to do about that. We have to have two cars to maintain our schedules. Fortunately, I have an extremely wonderful and generous family, which includes a brother with an extra car. (I also have good insurance that is reducing the out of pocket repair cost to $250.)

Guess we know what I’m getting for Christmas this year…

No comments: