Thursday, October 30, 2008

More Catch Up Posting

I'm still catching up from the weekend. Ugh...I'm a slow poke.

Saturday (the 25th):

Since Saturday is really our only day to work on projects around the house, Matt needed to work on finishing up the garage (he's made lots of progress!!) and I was trying to get some other projects finished. So...Tanya stepped in and saved us once again.

She took the kids over to Grandma and Grandpa T.'s house for a picnic and they did this while they were there:







Obviously, they had a lot more fun than we did at home.

Tanya and I took them to the aquarium later that day. It was the first time we had been there. It's pretty small, but since the kids had never seen anything like it before, they were impressed.



Tanya took a lot of great pictures and even let me test out her camera.

My shot...

Her shot with the (oh so handy) remote.

It was a nice low-key activity after all the sugar infused craziness we had the night before.

Sunday (the 26th):

Primary Program!

The program was wonderful. It is always sweet to hear the little voices singing and sharing testimonies.

Let me just say here that I've been in Primary enough times to VERY MUCH APPRECIATE all the time, effort and just plain WORK that goes in to this. I am so grateful for the wonderful women in our ward that are willing to serve with the kids. In my mind this is the most difficult (and most important!) organization in the ward to serve in. They are amazing. And especially thanks to Heidi who wrangles my precocious Kenna every week. It's a tough job!

Kenna was scared to go up on the stand at first, and although I'm not certain how she fared while she was up there, she was happy when it was all over. We had to leave Church early to come back and help Matt out before he went to work (the big hole in his shoulder was hurting a fair amount). Lyssa cried all the way home about not getting to go to her class and play with the kids. Ah Nursery. Blessed be thy teachers.

We had a yummy dinner with Matt's family later in the afternoon. Tanya made a wonderful spread for everyone. I can't wait to try out her Beef Tips recipe myself!

Straight from there, we ran off to an Eagle Court of Honor for my nephew, Dallin. It was so neat to see him receive an award for such a great accomplishment! The bald eagle they brought in intrigued the girls, but when it started flapping its wings, I think they got a little nervous.

Tuesday (the 28th):

Kenna's official birthday. Oh my, where has the last five years gone!

After the girls got home from school, we went to the Planetarium. It is Kenna's favorite place and has the added bonus of being easy on the wallet since they don't charge to look around.

Grandma and Grandpa T. came over later, as well as Aunt Lori and Cousin Bryson. (Grandpa Y. wasn't feeling well so they weren't able to make it over.) It was nice and mellow after Friday's hullabaloo. We did the present thing, and had some cake and ice cream to share (oh my what a sugar fest this week is turning out to be!). We played fairies, checked out all the new toys and what they did and just let the kids get hyper and have fun.

Good times.

With that...I believe I am mostly caught up. Congrats to you if you actually made it through this. There are times when having this double as a journal is incompatible with making it interesting for anyone but me. (Okay, that's probably most of the time...sorry.)

Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Heather H said...

What a fun happy week! Your girls look so happy with their chalk creations!

Nurse Heidi said...

We love McKenna! She provides comic relief :).

Anonymous said...

What a fun time with the chalk. I think they need more colors though - I had to make my trees pink (no green).

On the beef tips, my neighbor said she just cuts it into bite size pieces and cuts off all the fat. She also said it could be cooked all day; she is usually so busy she only has time for 3-4 hours.