Monday, October 27, 2008

Mix-it-Up Monday: Carving Pumpkins

I'm going to have to post a report later on all the happenings of the party and the weekend...they were many and I don't have time to write them all up at the moment. I'm still recovering...

I do have to say one thing about it now though and that is a big ol' THANK YOU to my sister-in-law Tanya. I could not have survived everything without her and her generous help in innumerable ways. She helped me clean, take care of kids, decorate (actually, she did that one single handedly), take pictures, organize and contain party goers, take the kids out for a fun day, and many other things that let me survive the crazy weekend we had. (The woman actually gave me flowers too after everything else she did to help me...how amazing is she? PRETTY DARN AMAZING.)

For now...there will be a lot of activities this week, seeing as how it is both birthday week and Halloween. But our activity of choice for the Mix-it-Up is going to be carving pumpkins since it's not obligatory, but will add to the festivities of both occasions.

I'll get updates on last week's "project" as well as our busy and fun weekend posted later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay - you still did tons of work too. And the kids helped me decorate. The flowers were from the kids too and they were on clearance - don't make me look like a saint, because I aint. Hee Hee. Loved the weekend. I enjoyed visiting with your family.

Heather H said...

It looks like you all had a great time!