Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween!

Wow! What a wonderful Halloween this year.

The weather MADE it. It's the only year I can remember that the kids didn't need a coat. It's so depressing to get the kids all dressed up and then have to cover them up with a big bulky winter coat. They loved, loved, LOVED being able to actually show off their costumes.

IMG_0004IMG_0010IMG_0013IMG_0022

Matt also had the night off for the first Halloween since we've had kids old enough to go Trick-or-Treating. It made the whole evening a lot easier. I have always packed up and taken the kids to Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood before. That way if one of the kids got tired halfway through or if we had a baby we could leave them with Grandma while the other one got to finish. This time, Dad got to take them out while I passed out candy with Liam.

It was our first experience trick or treating in the new neighborhood. I'm so glad that they still do the house to house thing here. Trunk-or-Treats make me sad. A big part of the fun on Halloween for me was getting to go to the different houses. The best part about it now is that the kids burn off some of the extra sugar by walking around. Definitely makes it easier to get them to sleep on Halloween night.

2 comments:

Heather H said...

They are just adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Glad the kids got some good traditional halloween fun. You know I agree with you all the way on the walking to burn of sugar thing. Trunk or treats make me sad too.