Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Kids say WHAT?

As I was driving home from picking the kids up yesterday, Kenna was singing me a cute little Halloween song that she learned in school. After she finished, I told her what a great job she did and asked her if she had sung the song for daddy. She said, "Yes...but I don't think he was listening to me." When I asked her why, she said, "Because he didn't say anything when I finished." I thought it was really funny, and somewhat surprising, that she would pick up on something like that. Especially since she doesn't usually slow down enough to listen to anyone else if she's in the spotlight.

Kids continue to surprise and amaze me. I really don't think we as parents give them enough credit for how perceptive they can be. They are constantly watching and trying to figure everything out; it's almost like you can see the little wheels turning in their heads. There are so many times when they have repeated something I have said, when I was positive they hadn't been listening to me when I said it. (OOPS.)

It definitely makes me recognize that I need to be careful about what I say and do. There's nothing worse than hearing some of your own shining parenting moments come back out of your child's mouth when they are playing house.

Of course...I would know NOTHING about that.

NOTHING. AT. ALL.

To completely change the subject so as to distract from my less than perfect parenting:
I got some new workout videos in the mail on Monday. I've tried them out for the last couple days and HOLY. COW. All of the sudden I went from feeling like I could be a back up dancer in a music video (from these videos) to feeling like a completely uncoordinated idiot (takes me a while to learn the new routines). That and I woke up this morning wondering where all these new muscles came from, and WHY ARE THEY SO SORE?! I'm walking around like I just got off a horse. I like them though. Very energetic, up beat and FUN. If you like kickboxing/dancing kind of stuff, so far I think they're worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a scary thought to have your statements repeated. Good thing Belle can't talk. Way to go on the new videos. You will be rocking it in no time.