Monday, October 13, 2008

Mix-it-Up Monday: Planets

This is how the week 'o sidewalk chalk went:







We spent nearly every afternoon outside drawing away. It was awesome - and it was a good low key sort of option for a week where all of us have been feeling a little crappy.

Not really a whole lot to report here. Basically just give the kids the bucket of chalk and let them go to town.

Unfortunately, all the drawings got washed away by the SNOW that feel Saturday night and most of yesterday. (I'm SO not ready for Snow. Let me enjoy FALL first please!)

For the activity this week, we are going to paint planets. The plan is to get small Styrofoam or wooden balls, some inexpensive paints and brushes, and some little hooks so we can hang them from the ceiling in their room. (My kids are kind of obsessed with planets and whatnot, so Matt came up with the idea.) This one should be something they will really enjoy, even if it's a lot of work for mom and dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. The kids are so cute and concentrating so hard. I like the planet idea. Sounds like something Matt would come up with. What about making a pinata? they are fun to make - a little messy - but cheap.

Nurse Heidi said...

You've been holding out on me! I didn't know you were a closet blogger : ).

I love the idea of the clean up cards - the house is a disaster at the moment, so I'm thinking I'll put some together for later this afternoon.