Monday, April 14, 2008

Me=Slacker

 

So I've totally had a bunch of stuff percolating in my brain that I wanted to write about. I get all these fabulous posts crafted in my head on the way to and from work, or in the shower, or lying awake in the middle of the night, but by the time I take a minute to sit down all the witty and funny stuff is gone (some would say it was never there...) and my mind goes blank.  Perhaps it has something to do with this:

Liam

 

 

Mr. Liam has entered the "I don't want to be happy unless you're holding me" phase. I love holding the little guy, but come on. He's 15 pounds already and I am not nearly buff enough to cook an entire dinner holding him in one arm. (Yes, I'm a weakling and need to go to the gym. Or, maybe I should just start bench pressing my kids...)

 

 

 

Or this:

Quilt I  dug out an old project that has been bugging me for like 2 years since I bought the material. Matt and I desperately need a not-so-wintry quilt for our bed so we don't roast to death in the summertime. I had most of the pieces cut out (or so I thought...) so I have been trying to finish up that part so I can start on the sewing. I'd better get going too, it's 80 degrees today! (I know it's just Utah weather playing tricks on me, but a girl can dream, can't she?)

Or these:

K & A

 

 

They're girls. Need I say more?  (Although, these two girls are outside playing "Star Wars" at this very moment. Lyssa is R2-D2 and Kenna is Princess Leia.) I guess we know who's the boss.

 

 

 

Or even this...

Humidifier

*

 

The humidifier we had to buy to fight the cold/croupy cough sickness the girls have had for the past few days that we are praying Liam doesn't get and which necessitated a trip to the doctor's office on Saturday (yay for Saturday clinics!) after spending a night in a steamy bathroom with Kenna.  The girls are still complaining about the gross medicine they got.

 

 

*(I was going to put a cute picture of Lyssa sitting on the potty with her legs crossed for that last one, but figured I wanted her to still talk to me when she gets older so I nixed that idea.)

In other news:

Kenna has now started telling me how to drive. Well, more accurately has started telling me how to drive again. We were on our way home the other day and she was asking me what some of the road signs meant.  As we pass the "Speed Limit 40" sign she says,

"I know what that means."

"Oh?" I reply.

"That's how fast you're supposed to go."

"That's right." I say proudly.

"Mommy, the orange line isn't on the 4. You're going too fast."

BUSTED

This child was sent to me for some very specific reasons, the most important of which is to test  my patience. The second (and the one I'm talking about here...) is to make me laugh. She does both with surprising frequency.

She demonstrated her "Princess Leia Run" for me today too. Priceless.  Who knew Princess Leia runs like an angry ogre? MY DAUGHTER, that's who.

 

See? I just ran out of steam when I realized what time it is. I need to go heft my 15 pound two month old, make dinner and get an FHE lesson ready for the big ol' family get together tonight. Perhaps I'll compose a coherent post on the way home from the party tonight and actually have something better to say tomorrow. 

Perhaps...

No comments: