Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The hottest thing since the little black dress...

Okay, so just after I hit the publish button yesterday, my little Lyssa decided she'd come to my rescue and give me something to blog about.

I was sitting on the floor, changing Liam's clothes before heading over to the big shindig when she walks down the stairs and stands in front of me with the 'innocent' look on her face. As I'm looking her over to see if her clothes are still passable enough to let her out in public, I notice little tiny white dots glistening in her hair. Then I notice her hands are shiny...and wet.

Since she had just been at the table finishing her dinner...alone...I became, how shall we say? Concerned.

Me: "Lyssa, why are your hands all wet?"

Her: "Iunknow." (her version of I don't know.)

Me: "Well, what happened?"

Her: "Iunknow."

Me: (using my amazing powers of deduction) "Were you playing in your milk?"

Her: "Ummm....*long pause*...YEAH!"

Me: "Why were you doing that?"

Her: "Because I wanted to be 'tylish"

Me: "You wanted...wait...what?

Her: "I wanted to be 'tylish."

Me: *fit of giggles*

Two comments:
1) Where did she come up with the word (and the desire) to be stylish? Heaven only knows she didn't get it from her fashion challenged mother. (Or maybe she did and that's why she chose something like milk...)
2) Everyone knows that milk is TOTALLY out right now. It's all about the carrot juice.

No comments: