Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The adventure begins...

We started potty training Lyssa on Sunday.

Have I mentioned how much I dislike this stage? So much so that it's probably been ME that hasn't been ready for the last 6 months (though, to be fair I was huge, pregnant and VERY nauseous for part of that time).

Apparently she is incredibly motivated by sugar right now, so we're bribing her with jelly beans. Yes, processed sugar. And it's working (so far...please don't jinx me...) so we're going to keep doing it.

So far, it's going better than expected. We'll see if the trend continues...

In a semi-related note (on the bribing issue...), Kenna can now be bribed to do almost anything with her "Lego Star Wars" game on the XBox. Having something nearly foolproof for bribing a 4 year old has proved invaluable, even though I'm not a big fan of her plopping down in front of the TV. I suppose the poor thing can't help it. She has gaming coursing through her veins...

No comments: