Monday, September 22, 2008

Mix-it-Up Monday

Matt made some bread with the kids while I was at Church yesterday. (Really...can they PLEASE get over all these illnesses already?) It was so nice to come home to the smell of nice warm bread and the girls loved being able to do something new and show off their handiwork. It kind of solidified an idea I've had bouncing around in my brain for a little while.

A little while ago I brought up how extremely boring I am as a mom. As we have been trying harder to plan more activities and projects for the kids, I have noticed how much we are all enjoying the extra FUN time together. It has been so good for all of us to get out of our comfort zone and try some new things.

So here's the idea...Every week, I want to do a project or an activity with the kids. On Mondays I'm going to be posting our activity/project idea for the week in an effort to make sure I follow through due to the threat of public embarrassment. If you want to come along with us we're always happy to have company. If you have any ideas you've tried or want to try, we could certainly use some of those!

This week we're going to let each child make a poster about themselves...with pictures, drawings, whatever they want to put on it that has something to do with them. I was able to get a bunch of old magazines from my sister that I plan on letting them go through and cut up to find some pictures, as well as letting them pick some of their favorites of themselves from the ones we've taken.

We'll post some pictures when we're done. Do the same if you end up doing the project as well, and let us know so we can come take a look!

4 comments:

ejrowsell said...

OOOH! That's a good idea. I have been thinking I need to do something fun with Lainey while Damon is at school. I wanted to do a fun little project with her each week, or every other week. I am really excited that you will come up with the idea that I can copy! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan. Been out flying any kites lately? I know it is windy enough there.

Carrie said...

Wow! You're revamping yourself, I'm so impressed!! You're making me feel guilty. :) Good luck with it, and I might just join you on a few of those projects.

The Burnah Clan said...

well, I like this idea! fun to see you on here and your beautiful family...about the shutterfly books, I love them! I have used other prgrams and they are fine too, but shutterfly has great quality, fun templates (scrapbooking templates!), and their program is easier than some to use! I always wait for sales codes, you can find some usually by googling "shutterfly codes" Have fun!