Thursday, September 18, 2008

Three going on Thirteen


Alyssa has acquired quite the attitude - perhaps it's because she turned THREE a couple weeks ago (how do they grow up so fast!) .

Some of her recent comments:

Said in the most pitiful, little kid voice you can imagine: "Daddy...*sniffle*...do you have something I could use to wipe my tears away?"

After being told to go get her socks so we could help her put her tennis shoes on when she wanted to wear her sandals: "But that's not the POINT."

Holding her Cabbage Patch Baby and walking up to daddy while he's doing the dishes: "This is my baby. Her no like you. Her spits at you. Pffft."

After being reprimanded for being mean to her sister: "I don't want to live with you any more Mommy." Then when I asked her who she wanted to live with then she says, "With you. I don't want to live anywhere else. WAAAAAH!"

After being told she couldn't have a cookie unless she finished her dinner, "You're the meanest mommy ever!" (I really didn't think I would hear this until she was at least 10...surprise!)

Whenever she's mad at McKenna for something: "SISA!" (She can say "Sister" perfectly fine, but when she's angry it gets shortened to this...)

For such a petite little thing, she definitely knows how to hold her own. Her sister has felt her wrath on more than one occasion; especially since she has an uncanny knack for knowing just how to push people's buttons and Kenna is usually the victim. (This frightens me...I am not looking forward to her teenage years with anything resembling JOY.) She has also mastered the fine art of sucking up (especially to daddy) complete with batting eyelashes, hugs, and anything else she thinks might butter you up.

Most of the time though, she is sweet and happy and willingly plays whatever role Kenna has assigned to her in their make-believe world of choice for that day. Her starring roles include Luke (from Star Wars), R2-D2, Darth Vader, the prince (from any random assortment of fairy tales), the stereotypical villain (from whatever story they happen to be obsessed with at that moment) and many others. (Should I be concerned that she generally plays "the bad guy" or even "the guy" for that matter?)

She loves to dance and sing, draw and color, play with her "cash dollar" (otherwise known as a cash register), and play on the computer. Cooking is a favorite as well. We can always expect her to climb up on the stool and ask to help whenever we are making something...even if it is cereal. She is amazing at puzzles and obsesses over them. Her giggle is infectious and her curiosity is insatiable.

We have greatly enjoyed these three years of getting to know her, and hope to have many more.

We love you, Bug!

2 comments:

Heather H said...

Holding her Cabbage Patch Baby and walking up to daddy while he's doing the dishes: "This is my baby. Her no like you. Her spits at you. Pffft."

After being told she couldn't have a cookie unless she finished her dinner, "You're the meanest mommy ever!" (I really didn't think I would hear this until she was at least 10...surprise!)

Those made me laugh, perhaps more since Olivia has done the same at least a few times! Arent sassy three year olds so much fun!? :)

Anonymous said...

She is so funny. I couldn't stop laughing. Such a sweet bundle of energy. I think my favorite is talking to her on the phone and having her answer all questions with "Yeah". And then she just keeps saying that even when I ask her for you or another adult - but doesn't pass on the phone. Silly girl. Love her.