Thursday, September 25, 2008

Splash Park

I love it when Matt's sister Tanya comes for a visit for lots of reasons. One of them is that we get to do fun things like this:

Erin, Harley, and McKenna

When Aunt Tanya came to town about a month ago, we took a bunch of the cousins to a near-by splash park. We had such a great time!

Kenna and Lyssa chillin' in the sun

It was a perfectly warm and cloudless day. The water was cold, but it didn't seem to bother the kids too much, especially the boys. They spent almost three hours running around in all the different fountains, splashing each other, and sunning themselves on the warm concrete.

Jerem, Alyssa, Liam and Matt playing with the fountains

Logan, Jerem, Tanya and Erin

Kenna, Jerem, Logan, Erin, Alyssa, Harley and Liam getting warm

Even Liam got in on the fun. He didn't like the cold water very much, but he was happy to be carted around and be close to where all the action was with the other kids.

I had never been to a splash park like this before, but I certainly want to go again. It works out much better than the pool since I have a hard time keeping track of all three kids by myself. (I REALLY need to get the kids signed up for swimming lessons next summer...)

Thanks for getting us all together Tanya! We've always got a place for you whenever you can come visit!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That last shot of you and Liam...you guys are like Spittin' images. Very CUTE!!!!
Splash parks are MUCH less stressfull than pools. We found one out here right before summer ended. Can't wait to hit it next summer.

Heather H said...

Too cute!! And that is a super fun splash park, I agree!

Anonymous said...

I love getting together and having fun with the kids. I would love to come out more often. I liked the daring Alyssa plugging the sprayers. Kenna was cute sunning. Liam was pretty brave. He was tricky to hold onto - like a greased little piggy.