Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm baaaaaaack...

What a crazy few weeks it has been! Wanting to leave the post about Stephanie and the auctions at the top of the blog for a little while has been a good excuse for focusing on some other things.

We seem to have been plagued by sickness...Four visits to the doctor in one month! Kenna was in once for a foot we thought might have been broken (X-rays were clear!). Alyssa was in once for a nasty cough. We found out she has some asthma that makes the cough deeper and stick around longer (still has it despite the prescription). And Liam has been in twice, once for an eye infection (eeew, goopy green eye) and on Monday for an ear infection. The last time we were in the doctor's office (Monday), I asked our pediatrician whether they had a frequent flyer program. Sadly, NO. And even more sadly he said that even if they did, we wouldn't qualify. I would have thought for sure we qualify for SOMETHING. Boo. Guess not. Needless to say, we would like to stay away from the doctor's office for a while as we generally only visit for well child check-ups.

Work has also been kicking. my. trash. (WARNING - Boring work content ahead...) The first couple weeks of September are the busiest (and most stressful) of the whole year in my particular line of work. We outline all our projects and budget for the following year. Given the volume of work (real estate purchases and construction mainly) and funding that we deal with, it is a major undertaking. To make the matter more difficult, this year we absorbed another portion of the United States into the area we work with, so we had to establish all new baseline numbers for our performance measures. There are around 35-40 pages worth of numbers to fill out. (Each number can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours to put together.) I have been glued to the phone and my desk for two weeks trying to gather all the information. As soon as I turned in my plan last Friday, I heaved a huge sigh of relief that the whole process was (mostly) over again for another year. It felt good to finally detach myself from the phone and the desk chair and not have anything work related to worry about over the weekend!

Friday evening some of us girls had a chance to get together again for dinner. This time Jamie was able to come with us. It was so great to see her! I very much enjoy spending time with these women. (We missed you Shauna!) You would never know that we had spent so much time apart since we talk like there's no tomorrow! We were at the restaurant for nearly 4 hours and I didn't even notice. It has been so much fun finding out what everyone has been up to.

By the way, I could use suggestions for a restaurant that will tolerate 5-6 rowdy 30-something females since I'll be planning the next dinner. (p.s. must have Diet Coke for Shelly)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sorry about the doc visits, I think its our turn. We went on Sunday for Jade (ear infection both ears) and last night for Jonathan (had his finger shut (literally shut) in the door). So I know how you feel about frequent visitor charges.
I'm glad the nasty for work is done...at least until next year. I share with you one of my de-stressing bowls of Ice Cream.
I'm thinking about coming to Utah next summer. I'll keep you posted as we get details worked out.