Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ring any bells?

We were treated to some especially good news today. Dad has been responding so well to the chemotherapy that he gets a break! His PSA is down several hundred points (to 250!) and the lump in his neck is completely gone.

As a tradition in the hospital where he receives his treatments, outgoing patients get to ring the bell on the day of their last chemo treatment and everyone cheers for them as they head out the door.

Ring-a-ding!

We are looking forward to seeing some hair covering up that bald noggin' for the winter time. (He and Liam are going to have a race to see who can grow hair the fastest!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesome. Glad to hear he is doing well. You'll have to get him a good winter hat.

Carrie said...

I'm so glad he is doing better. We are cheering his ringing the bell out here in Oregon!!

p.s. My bets are on Liam, but shhh don't tell your dad. :)

ejrowsell said...

Oh, that's wonderful news Jacy! I am always thinking about him. I should really stop by. I wish I was in that neck of the woods more often.