Monday, March 17, 2008

Today OR How I saw a woman's backside, met a bearded lady, and had a conversation with myself...

All of this in one day even!

I finally decided to get my eyes checked (who knew you were supposed to go more than once every 6 years?) so I made an appointment with a new optometrist. Turns out I couldn't remember who the last one I went to was after waiting that long. Go figure.

In this particular office, they share space with a regular medical clinic and a pharmacy. So as I'm sitting there waiting for my appointment (and waiting...and waiting...apparently their computers went down and caused a 30 minute delay in appointments) a young mother comes in with her 2 small children and grandmother in tow. She is there to help her grandmother get to a doctor's appointment. She is standing talking with the receptionist when I noticed her pants were...how shall we say...sliding slowly southward. Shall we also say, I saw more of her than I would have liked to see?

Of course you can feel that things are getting a little...chilly. So what does she do? Pulls up her pants you say? NOT SO! Pulls DOWN her shirt.

Huh?

So I'm sitting there shaking my head at the slight oddity of it, when another woman walks in and strides confidently up to the pharmacy counter. She turns in her prescription, turns around to walk out and I was able to see her face. SURPRISE. She had a full beard. No. Lie. A beard as full as Matt's. And it looked like she had been letting it grow for about a week. Now, I'm not making fun, it was just, you know, kind of surprising.

So I go home from my appointment thinking, "What a strange set of encounters over there at my new doctor's office."

End of weird day? Not really.

The Relief Society President came over to bring the baby something from the presidency. She is a very sweet lady, and very kind to bring Liam a gift. But she doesn't talk. Like, at all. She sweetly sat there on the couch, looking at me and the baby in my arms and didn't say a word. So pretty much that made me feel uncomfortable and I felt the need to talk just to fill up the silence. I ended up having a relatively nice conversation with myself all about the baby and how he's doing.

So yeah. Fun day. Always nice when you can be reminded that we all have our quirks. Except me. I don't have any quirks. Right, honey?

Right?

No comments: