Friday, March 28, 2008

McKenna - Month 53

(I'm borrowing this from another blog because I think it's a good idea. Don't sue me please...)


Dear Miss McKenna,

My sweet, smart, beautiful, little girl. I can't believe how fast you are growing up. You surprise me almost every day with the things you pick up on and the questions you have. You have such an amazing imagination and are so good at entertaining yourself, your sister and everyone around you with the things you come up with. I am continually in awe of the mental capacity that you have demonstrated so early in your life. I think you're one of the most observant kids I've ever met.

Thank you, thank you for being such a big help to your mom. You are always so willing to help me when I ask and it has made it so much easier to have a new baby in the house with your help. You are always so excited to do something to help me and it melts my heart that you are so eager to please. You have such a sweet personality; always willing to take care of me and daddy and your brother and sister. You are a very nurturing soul, so in tune with other's needs. I am very grateful for all that you do to watch out for your siblings. You have taken to the role of oldest child very well.

I hope that we don't put too much pressure on you because of your capability. As much as I am grateful for all your help, I hope that you will slow down a little and take advantage of your childhood. We are working hard to make it as happy and carefree as we can. You take things so seriously, and are so concerned about getting things just right. I worry, my Sweetsweet, that you are growing up too fast and taking too much of the world's worries on your little shoulders. Take your own advice, stay a kid forever so you can always play with your toys...

I worry too that we are not there for you enough, not teaching you all we should or being as available as we need to be for your active mind. Please have patience with us Bee. Know that your parents love you desperately and want the best of everything for you. But as much as we want that, life oftentimes gets busy and sometimes we forget to stop and pay attention. Please, forgive our shortcomings and know that no matter what, what we care about most in the world is our family and making sure it is a happy and safe place for you and your siblings.

I am grateful for your patience with me, for the joy and laughter that you bring into our home, for your sweet and kind personality, and most of all, that you are MY little girl.

No comments: