Monday, November 24, 2008

Mix-it-Up Monday: Bead Bracelets

We did this project on Saturday and the girls had lots of fun with it. (Mom and Dad not so much, but that mostly had to do with the number of times we picked tiny beads up off the floor.)

I purchased some inexpensive beads (a different bag for each child - no fighting!) and stretchy string, all for under $5. We put each bag of beads in a small bowl, tied a bead at the bottom of a length of string for each of them and let them go to it.

(I'm sharing pictures only if you agree not to judge me for the fact that they still have their pajamas on and it was like...3 in the afternoon when we did this.)





Lyssa showing off her final product.

It was easy, cheap and entertaining.

Liam suggested push-ups for next week's activity. We're still in negotiations...

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Jacy! I found your blog through Heather Haslam's. Hope it's OK. Your kids are beautiful! What a fun idea you have incorporated with mix-it-up Mondays!

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the girls working on the jewelry. I bet they are so proud. I can see Liam is proud of his push-up. So cute!

Jacy said...

Jenny! So good to hear from you. Of course it's okay! I didn't know you had a blog or I would have been reading yours too!