Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend projects and picture blow-out

Whew! It was so nice to have a good long weekend at home to work on some projects. I could have used a few more days, but it's amazing how much of a difference even one extra day at home can make with my motivation to undertake a project.

I bought some letters for the kids rooms waaaaay back in October and they have been sitting in the basement bugging me to finish them ever since. Saturday morning I gave in and hauled them out of their hiding place.

Here is what the girls' names look like all finished and hanging on the wall:



Detail on the letters.
Here are the planets we made a while back, hung up on the ceiling.

I did get Liam's done as well, but it was late in the evening and the sick kiddies wanted snuggles instead of pictures.

Yes...sick again. Seriously. My mom even commented the other day that it seems like we have been sick for the last 6 months straight. I am on a campaign to rid the house of whatever germs are at the root of it. I have been busting out the bleach at every opportunity. I will win eventually!

The weekend also brought a new tooth for Liam (FINALLY!). He's up to 3, all on the bottom, and only two weeks shy of his first birthday. He almost did as well as I did...I didn't get my first tooth until 13 months.

Here he is showing off some of his amazing new skills:

(Check out the very sick sister in the background.
Asthma + bad chest cold = miserable Lyssa)

And since I finally found my camera cable, here a few more pictures from happier and less sick days.

Matt's Birthday

Playing with the dress-ups they got for Christmas. Check out the pirate hook on Lyssa's hand.

The tutus I made them for Christmas are a big hit.

Happy Lyssa

Liam making faces.

Kenna being a ballerina.

Goofing off with the camera, making faces.

Liam attacked us while we were playing.

Tired McKenna, still snuggling with Hippo.
(Hippo has been her best friend and constant companion since she could hold on to her.)

7 comments:

Heather H said...

Those letters are so cute but not near as cute as your kids! They are just adorable!! And I dont know if this will help you but in my small attempt to keep more germs out of our house since Olivia started school I make her wash her hands as soon as we walk in the house, she has gotten more colds then normal this year though so maybe its just a bad year?! Here is to a healthy spring for all of us!!

Jenny said...

cute letters for their names! Hope you all get better soon. We have been sick for about a week and I am having a major pity party about it. I hate being sick and having a sick family!

The Burnah Clan said...

oh, I like the colors in the room, very nice.

SuburbiaMom said...

Great job on the letters! Your kids are cuties!!

Anonymous said...

Those are so great. I love the pictures. The letters are quite impressive. I think my favorite is the tutu pic. Gonna have to steal that one for my screen saver.

Carrie said...

WOW! The girl's room is SO CUTE!!! I like the color combo. Thanks for the pics of your kids. They are so cute and growing up so fast!! Love you!!

Jacy said...

Thanks guys! You're all so nice. This was the only room in the house that got painted when we bought it. Even though I was pregnant and the paint made me sick, I'm so glad we did it. The girls have loved it.