Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hard habit to break

I have a bad habit.

(Actually, I have several, but that's beside the point.)

The one I'm referencing this go around is my tendency to continually put things off once I feel like I'm behind. I'm not sure how this helps exactly...maybe I think that I'll get around to catching up at some point...but the longer I wait the harder it is to do that.

So here I am, REALLY behind in posting and I keep putting it off because so much happened that I feel too far behind to catch up.

But seeing as how this is the time of year for making changes and resolutions, I'm going to attempt to change this bad habit (again!) and hopefully make it stick.

Here is the abbreviated version of December 2008:
  • I became a great aunt. (She is SOOO CUTE!)
  • Much to our pocketbook's dismay, we had to replace our water heater. But oh how nice the new one is!
  • Liam figured out crawling and is starting to pull himself up on things. Scary.
  • Matt graduated from college!! He had a double major - one in Criminal Law, one in Psychology. (MUCH REJOICING ENSUED)
  • The girls had their Christmas dance recital.
  • Kenna had her preschool Christmas program.
  • I crafted my heart out trying to finish baby gifts and Christmas presents.
  • For the first time since we've been married, we took time off work around Christmas. All we did was hang out at home and do Christmas type things with the kids, but we loved it!
  • Matt dug us out of the 4 foot high snow drifts in our driveway on Christmas day. (Have I mentioned we've had a lot of snow lately?)
  • I got a new Church calling.
  • Two weeks later I got another new calling.
  • Major work stress. (Gotta love budget cuts...)
Now that I've gotten all that out of the way, hopefully I won't fall back into procrastinator mode.

But feel free to slap me around a little if I do.

5 comments:

Heather H said...

Yay I am so glad that you are back!! It sounds like you guys have been super busy!

Anonymous said...

I am still going to slap you around a little (Not really - I know you are busy). I am still waiting for more pics to be posted. I love all the ones I have seen so far.

Carrie said...

*party dance for Matt Graduating* That is so nice to get put behind you. I remeber thinking Andy was never going to graduate, and then all of a sudden he was. Yea to you for surviving!!! Are you going to tell us what your callings are?? WOW!!! 4 feet that's alot! We had over 18 inches here (broke the record set in 1969) We didn't even have a shovel, we were snowed in. Great fun. Good luck with your resolution!!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great month. Super big congratulations to Matt for graduating! I am glad that you guys had fun family time for Christmas - that is always nice to get. I'm looking forward to more posts!

SuburbiaMom said...

Glad to hear about your busy month and a HUGE congrats on graduation!

I'm sure you'll do just fine with all your many tasks. With kids and church callings it is hard to procrastinate--they're right there in your face, it seems!