Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back from the edge...

I have had a revelation...[cue dramatic music]...the craziness is not getting much better. BUT...I think that things have calmed down enough for me to add the reading and writing of blogs back into the routine. I have found that the craziness doesn't get to me quite as much when I have a writing outlet. So here I am, (hopefully) back to stay.

I've scrapped all the catch up posts. I don't have the heart (or the memory) to go back and finish them all, so this is the list of what may or may not have keeping me busy the past couple of months:

  • Matt's weird work schedule (which has now been resolved, not really to our liking, but at least it's workable)
  • Matt's school (now finished, WAHOO!)
  • Planting a garden (picked our first tomatoes yesterday)
  • Many doctor's appointments for Liam (hopefully this one will get resolved soon...it makes me so sad to go up to Primary Children's.)
  • The girls' tumbling recital
  • Getting our medical records stolen (don't go to the U of U clinics)
  • Trying to finish a quilt (so very close....)
  • Matt's many required training classes for work (ugh, I thought we were past needing a baby sitter during the day)
  • Fixing a broken lawnmower (why would the place that sells the parts be closed on a Saturday and then have to special order - not the main spindle - but the screws and washers that hold it in place?)
  • Camping
  • A niece's baptism (Congrats Erin!)
  • Finding several old friends (I now like Facebook...)
  • Various coughs, colds, flus and other fun things
  • Sending my Mom-in-Law to Washington DC for her internship
  • Worrying about my Dad being sick with Pneumonia
  • Swimming our new little pool with the kiddies
  • Playing Hi-ho Cherry-O NON STOP (WHY OH WHY did I buy that game?)
  • Potty training (I think we're finally there...)
  • And oh, I think I'll stop there so I don't bore everyone to tears...

So yeah, that pretty much summarizes a couple of months of my chaos minus one tiny thing. The sad tale of the misplaced memory card

A couple of weeks ago, Matt had to help with some background interviews at work during the day so we were in need of a babysitter. My gracious sister-in-law came to our rescue and took the kids for a few hours for a couple days. We thought it would be fun to send the girls with their little Bean Camera so they could take pictures of their cousins and the things they were doing.

When I picked them up on the second day, they were excited to get the pictures off the camera and look at them on the computer. (They also had some of the pictures from the camping trip on there that we hadn't downloaded either.) When we got home I opened up the camera to take out the memory card and lo and behold it wasn't in the slot. We searched all through the diaper bag and couldn't find it. So I called my brother to find out if they had seen it somewhere in the house.

Through a series of questioning, he found out that the kids had noticed the camera was dirty. Being the concerned helpful children that they are, they had carefully taken it out of the camera and WASHED IT because they thought it was also dirty. We got a good laugh out of the whole deal. They promised to keep looking for it just in case it survived the bath.

So this last Sunday he called to talk about plans for our big family home evening and mentioned that they had finally found the memory card.

In the pocket of some item of clothing...

That they had just removed from the WASHER and DRYER.

I think it's toast.

But I'll post the pictures of there's anything left.

(we did get think the whole thing was pretty funny though)

So there you go, you're all caught up. We're back from the edge of insanity and we actually lived to talk about it. Hopefully it stays that way!

2 comments:

Heather H said...

Welcome back!! I dont know how you guys do it. And on the topic of really annoying games I suggest you dont buy Lucky Ducks, trust me, just dont buy it. We do still want to get together with you guys, let us know when it will work for you.

Jacy said...

Lucky Ducks is also evil. My parents have that game - so they learned the lesson for us. We usually have to pry the little ducks out of Alyssa's hands before we can leave.

Matt's work schedule will be changing in August to a more reasonable set of nights off. Let's make some plans for then?