Thursday, May 22, 2008

Time flies when you're having...something...

HO. LY. COW.

I cannot believe how fast the last few weeks have flown by. Last night I was thinking, "Oh, I haven't posted something for a couple of days. I really should catch up." No, it's been a WEEK. What strange time warp did I get sent through? It certainly doesn't feel like we're already to another Thursday.

And, as a side note, how in the heck did my birthday get so close so quickly! Gah. They're sneaking up on me...

See, this is what happens when your life is a crazy mess. To be fair it is usually the good kind of crazy mess; but with a little too much of the insane worked in to the last little while.

To catch up:

No, we still haven't really resolved the scheduling issues at Matt's work. It's getting closer (I think) and hopefully it will be better because the sergeant is actually sort of listening to the officers now...sort of. Matt has been working on a new schedule that the sergeant didn't immediately shoot down, so he is continuing to tweak it. Hopefully that will land us a little closer to a workable schedule.

We did, however, manage to get things with school worked out and he is a third of the way through the L.A.S.T. C.L.A.S.S. Do you even know how excited I am for him!?!?!

Last weekend was great and horrible all at the same time. We were able to spend a lot of extended time with Matt's sister from GA - and I love love LOVE having her come to visit. As she helped out with the kids all weekend I had an epiphany of how great it would be to have a nanny. I would hire her on the spot. She's fabulous and the kids already miss her. (Lyssa asked me on the way home Monday when Aunt Tanya was coming over, then cried when I told her Aunt Tanya had to go home.)

It was also Matt's little brother's wedding reception here in UT. It was fun for the celebrating and the party aspect of the whole thing. It was the meeting the old neighbors from the ward thing that was the not so fun part.

**I guess it would help to insert a little side story here. Matt and I grew up in the same neighborhood from the time we were about 15 so we both knew all these people. This particular group of folks is pretty good at spreading rumors (be they true or untrue) about the teenagers there. It caused a LOT of hurt feelings for Matt and I, my parents and I'm sure a whole bunch of other teens that fell victim to it.**

So imagine my non-desire to see these people ever again and then get to spend an entire evening "reminiscing" with them all. Whee. That was fun. (In case you can't tell, that was sarcasm...)

Good thing I had a cute happy newlywed couple to keep me distracted. Aaron and Rachel looked so happy and excited to be together. It was fun to watch them and think about what it was like to be in that stage of life. I hope they take advantage of it and love learning to live with each other.

In other news, we have an awesome friend that traded us lawnmowers to we could actually mow our lawn. There are parts of the backyard that are so thick you can't get through them with the one we had. Since his lawn is so small and ours is so HUGE, the one we had worked better for what he needed. Now we have the super-industrial professional lawn maintenance ultra mulcher - or something like that. You should have seen it dragging Matt across the backyard, literally.

I can pretty much guarantee you don't want to hear about the other stuff bumbling around in my brain at the moment, so I think I'll stop while I'm ahead...or at least not THAT far behind. Please don't beat me up if my posts continue to be a little few and far between for the next little while. Until we get all the school and schedule nonsense out of the way, I'm just having a hard time finding time to get around to it.

2 comments:

Heather H said...

Jacy, I hope you guys get everything worked out with your schedules soon, that sounds like no fun at all. If you ever need someone for a day let me know, I am sure that I could occasionally fill in if you guys brought the kids here.

Anonymous said...

So excited for you and Matt. Congrats to him on his upcoming gradtuation. So sweet to hear how Alyssa missed me. I felt equally un-excited about talking to the neighbors.