Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hermana Dinner

Some of the "Herms" from my mission got together at our Mission President's house for a Dominican feast last Friday.



I wasn't sure how well I would do with the food. To be honest, thinking of Dominican food kind of makes my stomach turn. Nearly 8 years later, I still cannot eat rice and beans together.

I was pleasantly surprised though. The food tasted really good to me (miracles!) most likely because of the talented ladies that made it and the great company.


Thank goodness el Presidente got the chicken foot. This one had longer claws than normal and totally freaked me out. (I woke up to chickens being slaughtered outside our bathroom window for 6 months. I will never forget the flapping sound as they hit the bucket...{shudder}.)


I wasn't the only one that enjoyed the food. Look at those clean plates!


I had a wonderful time eating and chatting with everyone. It has been way too long since I have seen most of them.

Pres. and Sis. J. were gracious and kind hosts as usual. I feel so privileged to have served with such an amazing bunch.

Thanks to Perry and Sis. J. for organizing it, especially on a night I could be there!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun FUN activity to go to!

SuburbiaMom said...

That's so awesome that you could all get together. Gross about the chickens memory--you're a better woman than most of us!!