Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Bunny

Apparently my family has a tradition of doing the Easter Bunny part of Easter on the Saturday before the actual Easter holiday. Somehow I did not remember this and was reminded of it by my mother on Thursday night.

After she told me about it I thought, Wow! My parents are so smart! That makes it so much easier to "enjoy" the whole Easter basket-egg finding-gorging on candy thing and still reserve Sunday for the celebration of the religious type Easter (and not have hyper kids during Church!).

So...this year we picked up an (apparently forgotten!) Easter tradition from my family and celebrated the Easter Bunny on Saturday morning. I am now a big advocate of this approach. It was much more relaxed and fun for every one.



Some Easter basket treasures....


The Easter Bunny was cheap this year. $1 bubbles were a big hit though.


We had a little egg hunt in the backyard since I have not been able to bring myself to brave one of the city sponsored ones. I have nightmares of my children getting trampled and then coming home empty handed to boot.


Intense concentration is required when peeling an egg you are going to complain about eating about 10 minutes later.


Liam attempted to eat the egg before we had taken the shell off and managed to give himself a good schmear of blue lipstick for the rest of the day.

It was a wee tad cold outside, but so nice to have a relaxing morning to enjoy the time with the kids.

1 comment:

Heather H said...

Heehee, I love that you are doing an Easter post in September! We do the same thing, I dont think the Sabbath day should be mixed with bunnies and candy, we have done stuff on Sat or in my usual lazy manner we seem to do our egg hunt for FHE.