Friday, March 13, 2009

See, this is why I don't do well with journals...

So I guess I've proven that, once again, I cannot be trusted to write on a regular basis.
When I get busy, writing goes out the window.
Boo.
I suck.

It turns out that when you leave on a week long vacation with only three days notice,
things pile up while you're gone and the kids seem to want extra attention when you get home.
Who'd 'a thunk?

A recap of the vacation (with photos!) is coming. In the meantime,
here's a little of what we have been up to this week.

On Sunday morning, Liam and McKenna woke up with colds.
Blast.
Matt wasn't feeling all that hot either so he stayed home with the sickly ones
while Alyssa and I went to Church.

Monday was better. McKenna magically got over the cold in a day just in time for her best neighborhood pal Rachel, to come over and play.
They disappeared into the toy room for an hour.
It was heavenly. I actually got to cook dinner in relative peace.
Bless you Heidi for letting her stay.

Tuesday ended up being doctor day. Liam had cried all night.
(I have no idea how the girls slept through it because Matt and I sure didn't.)
He was wheezing and rattling and generally sounding terrible that morning.
Since I was going in to work late because of my own appointment anyway,
I ended up just calling in sick and then taking Liam to the doctor.
Double ear infections and RSV do not make for a happy baby.
The nebulizer treatment at the doctors office worked wonders
(WONDERS I tell you!)
though and we are now the proud owners of this fancy set up to help at home:

Albuterol inhaler and children's mask

Liam HATES it but we are finally getting sleep and wondering how we have managed so far without this. Someone finally decided that when the kid is constantly getting bad colds that go straight to his chest, he might have some asthma issues like his older sister.
Hallelujah!

Wednesday was haircut day for most of us. My sweet niece Shannon got her license a week or two ago and we were privileged to be the first in line for family haircut night.

McKenna (surprisingly) volunteered to go first.
Her request was that her hair stay long enough to still be considered princess hair (even though she knows it probably won't get as long as Rapunzel's).


Then Alyssa (not a fan of the spray bottle).


I went next, leaving about 5-6 inches on the floor, in the hopes that shorter hair would induce the beginning of spring. (No pictures until my cold sore goes away.) I'll let you know how that spring thing works out.

And Liam was last.
It took three people and a dog to get him finished.
Shannon did a phenomenal job in spite of the fact that he wouldn't hold still for more than 5 seconds at a time. (Not exaggerating.)

Thursday was date night. We actually went out to a MOVIE. And then dinner, with FRIENDS.
I wasn't sure either of those activities could still be done!

So we are sick again, but on the mend, no doubt thanks to the new fabu haircuts from Shannon. I'm getting spring fever so I hope the magic haircut works!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sorry everyone is sick, especially Liam with RSV. That is not fun!! Jonathan didn't have RSV but he had Pnemonia (I know that isn't spelled right, but you know what I'm talking about) and we had the nebulizer thingy. SUCH A DIFFERENCE!!!
I can't wait to see your haircut! I love McKenna wanting to still have "princess hair" that is so cute. Christiana was never like that, we'll see how Jade ends up.
Love ya, and glad to see you are still alive *wink*

Jenny said...

where is the picture of YOUR haircut?

Hope everyone continues to overcome the illnesses! Best of luck with that!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I like Liam in the background of the medicine picture. Too bad to hear he has asthma - but good they decided to give you the right thing for it. I look forward to seeing your new haircut pic.

Nurse Heidi said...

Jacy, my dear, you can have Rachel ANY time. Just send her home if she's bugging you. Because I know my daughter. And she definitely had the capacity to bug. We've had fun with your girls over here too. Warm weather = letting them play in the yard, and that is the best!

P.S. - I've seen Jacy's hair, and it's really cute!

SuburbiaMom said...

Oh, good to hear from you--sorry about the RSV....

ejrowsell said...

Two of my kids have asthma too.. thanks to RSV.... Fun times ahead. At least you have the tools now to fight it right away!