Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The most horriblest day ever!

Today was going great. We got a big project approved at work, I got a lot of to-do's finished, etc. When I have days like that it always gives me motivation to get a whole bunch of things done at home as well. I was all excited to get home and work on some of the projects that have been plaguing me...

And then I got home...

And then the kids decided that they make up for the good morning I had...

The boy wanted to be held, A LOT...and would immediately start crying whenever I set him down.

Alyssa decided to take a stand against potty training and took it out on my carpet...literally.

McKenna just decided she's tired of her little sister hanging around her all the time and used her as practice for a promising career in boxing.

For example: As I was getting Liam out of the tub (have you ever tried to dress a crying and very wiggly child? Loads of fun I tell you...) I heard screams outside the bathroom door. Alyssa came in with a bright red cheek and big crocodile tears streaming down her face. McKenna had hit her because, according to the offender, "She was following me around." OH THE HORROR.

I sent Kenna to bed (with no bedtime story as punishment for hitting her sis) and as she was crying down the hall to her room she yelled in her best 'woe-is-me' kind of voice, "Today is the most horriblest day EVER!"

Yes. Yes it is.

Not really, but it felt like it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sorry that your good work day got creamated by a bad mom day. I never liked those kind of days when I was working. But there is always the flip side: bad work days that get creamated by wonderful Mom days. I would wish you lots of those, but I think everyone would be happier with a good work day AND a wonderful Mom day!!! So I wish you TONS of those!!!!

Love ya!

Heather H said...

Oh the joys of being a mom, I hope you had a better weekend!