Saturday, January 5, 2008

Date night

Mom came over to rescue me this morning. And by rescue I mean help me lay out the baby's quilt which I now only have about 4 weeks to finish. I have it in my head to finish it this weekend...but we'll see. I don't know what I would do without that woman. She of course had the best idea for how to make use of all the uneven numbers of colors and we got it all figured out. I think it's going to be very cute when I'm able to get it all put together.

We actually got another chance for a night out today (trying to take as many opportunities as we can before the baby arrives!). I'm afraid I'm not a very fun date though...I can't walk very far due to my various ailments so we're kind of limited on our date activities for the time being.

We decided to ginally get around to using a gift card that we got for Christmas '06 (how sad is that...free money and it takes us over a year to use it!) So we wandered around Bed, Bath and Beyond until we were able to find the pasta pot of our dreams. Too bad we have no room in our kitchen for all our kitchen stuff, but we got it anyway.

While driving around aimlessly afterward we decided dinner would be in order. Turns out there is a new Cheesecake Factory over by the mall. Apparently one should never attempt dinner at this restaurant because the wait was 2 1/2 hours. Seriously people. Who waits in line that long for dinner. And this was at 8:30 at night. I shudder to think what the line was like earlier in the evening. We ended up at the Olive Garden across the parking lot and had a very nice time there. Any time together is a good time!

No comments: